Jenna's Reviews > Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception

Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

Jun 30, 12

** spoiler alert ** I'm a new fan of Maggie Stiefvater and this only the second book of hers that I have read. Thus far, I really admire and enjoy her stories and her writing. "Lament" leaves me with a few questions and, I thought it was a little confusing at times. I'm still not quite sure of Dierdre's aunt's involvement, for example. And what of the school that is recruiting both James and Dierdre?

The romantic in me fell for Luke and Dee . . . hard. I think I'm somewhat jaded that they can't be together when the book comes to an end. Though, on the other hand, I'm very happy that Luke's soul is now free. Selfishly, I want his soul free and for him to be with Dee. So I feel slightly disappointed.

I'm hoping that "Ballad" will answer some of my lingering questions, and continue Dee and Luke's story, though it seems that the second book is more about James, who I like, but not as much as Luke! I'm looking forward to reading more and would like to give a 3.5-star-rating to the book but, since I have to give whole stars, I rounded up. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lament.