Kate Givans's Reviews > Vindicated

Vindicated by Keary Taylor

Jun 30, 2012

Read in June, 2012

Vindicated continues to follow Alex and Jessica in their quest for a normal, happy life together. Alex is still an angel, and the call from the other side is getting stronger. Jessica now knows that she can’t die, that she is more angel than human, but she’s still at a loss for how to use this fact to her advantage. Will the two of them beat death and find their happily ever after or will Jessica be forced to spend an eternity without Alex as he finishes his job on the other side of life?

WOW! Really, just wow. I loved how this series ended. I really felt like the characters really grew from the beginning of the series to the end. Jessica is so much stronger in this book. She is no longer the scared, neurotic girl she was in the first book. Alex has finally manned up and asked Jessica to marry him, which made me uber happy.

What I loved most though was Cole. I know, I know, he’s the bad guy. But even he’s grown from the first book. He’s shown that he has a heart and even a conscious. He even takes a huge risk for Jessica, which shows just how deeply he loves. I found myself almost willing to be the queen of hell with him, since Jessica passed up on the offer, lol.

Vindicated also ties up all the loose ends in this series. You find out why Jessica got sick as a child. You see some healed relationships, and one of my favorite characters, Emily, even finds some peace in her life. I also adored the very ending of the book. I loved how things just kind of fell into place.

There were, however, some things that I think could have been improved – the biggest being the stating of the obvious. As you’re going along in the book, Jessica points out her own personal observation of how she’s grown. That was a given. If you’ve followed the series, you know that Jessica has grown. There are still some noticeable typos and confusing paragraphs, but it’s not as bad as it was in the very first or second book. Keep in mind these are all still minor issues, but not enough to deter me from recommending the book or the series. I also felt that while all of the books in this trilogy had great characterization, I felt as if this one was the strongest in this area.

Overall, I enjoyed the series and felt it was well-thought out. I enjoyed the interesting journey that it took me on and fell in love with the characters, even the bad guy. I’d recommend the series to anyone interested in paranormal books but tired of vampires as well anyone interested in love stories with angels.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vindicated.