Ekalbnine0's Reviews > The Traitor Queen

The Traitor Queen by Trudi Canavan

Aug 26, 12

Read from August 19 to 27, 2012

So I'll try to do this review without any spoilers.

I was so excited to finally get my hands on a copy after waiting nearly a year to read it. Unfortunately it didn't live up to my greater expectations, though in saying that I still loved every bit of it. However being link to her previous trilogy no one can help but compare them.
As a stand alone trilogy the "traitor spy" trilogy was great, it had thrilling cliff hangers and amazing characters that had you laugh out loud or cry along with them. I will commend Trudi on her amazing depth with the relationship between Lorkin and Tyvara, I couldnt stop myself from wanting to read more about them.
However I think other aspects of this book lacked, what I loved about her previous. The magical battle at the end lack the intense detail and hype of the other books and left me a bit un-satisfied. Also some of the storylines were still left unfinished/incomplete (who knows she may write more) but I felt there was a fair chunk of information that left me feeling a tad depraved.
I also found that a lot of the character developments were skimmed. I think this was due to the fact there was so many characters t explore that each only got a few minutes of fame.
I did really love the new discoveries of magic and knowledge which kept me interested and I applaud Trudi for constantly developing new ways to invent magic in this world.

Overall I think the Traitor queen was a great book to read but sadly comparing it to the likes of the black magician and the magician's apprentice, it doesn't quite stack up to being the best book based in the world of the Black magician. But definitely is a must read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Traitor Queen.

08/18/2012 page 100