Stormy's Reviews > The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation

The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thích Nhất Hạnh

Jun 30, 12

bookshelves: inspirational-motivational
Read from January 02 to 16, 2012

Thich Nhat Hanh's simplistic words guide the reader to the realization of the importance of being mindful in every moment of our lives.

Following is an excerpt from the book I found insightful. Whilst reading, I realized I knew this, it was there, within me always but failed to see nor practice in life.

"There are two ways to wash the dishes. The first is to wash the dishes in order to have clean dishes and the second is to wash the dishes in order to wash the dishes. If we wash the dishes to have clean dishes, then we hurry, and it is a nuisance. What's more, we are not alive during the time we are washing the dishes. In fact, we are completely incapable of realizing the miracle of life while we are at the sink." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

The practices are beautifully simple, yet deeply profound. It's definitely one of those books to reach for over and over again. Within the pages there is always something relevant for your inner being.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Miracle of Mindfulness.