Heather Wiese's Reviews > To Kill A Warlock

To Kill A Warlock by H.P. Mallory

Jul 10, 12

Read from June 30 to July 06, 2012

I liked the start of this series, it was a lot of fun. The heroine, Dulcie the fairy, is a riot. Dulcie works in magical law-enforcement as a Regulator, basically she's a cop.

When a warlock is murdered right after attacking Dulcie with a spell, she is questioned and then taken off the force while they try to figure out what happened. Then more magical creatures are killed and the big guns, AKA Knight Vander, is sent in to investigate from Headquarters in the Netherworld. The catch? He wants Dulcie to work the case with him, but it has to stay top secret. Dulcie is faced with a dilemma, to work the case to catch the real killer she has to keep it from her boss Quinn, who she also has the hots for.

Oh and did I mention Knight is also a big hunk of hotness? And there's a hot vampire who has been trying to get in her pants for eons? Must be tough Dulcie. Surprisingly, there isn't really anything romantic that happens, at least in this first book. Although it did make me laugh, a fairy with three guys after her (hello Sookie Stackhouse!, although Dulcie has way more powers)?

The only part that bothered me was (view spoiler)

P.S. Dulcie is also writing a romance book throughout all this entitled The Captain's Bounty (ha!), but she's told by publishers that "historical is out, paranormal is in" (*snort*) so she starts a book about vampires. LOL

A very fun read, would enjoy seeing what else is in the series.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Kill A Warlock.