Noninuna's Reviews > Bad Luck and Trouble

Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child

Jul 21, 12

bookshelves: english-fiction
Read from June 30 to July 22, 2012

I got this book for RM10 from a second hand book sale at KL Central & i feel like i got back more than that RM10.
i didnt know Jack Reacher is a series of Lee Child & it's the 11th book.
Jack Reacher is a loner who wonders around after his military job ended, a math geek who can calculate the square root & cube root in his head, who owns nothing but his folding toothbrush & a couple of hundred dollars in his bank account. One day, he got a signal calling for help from one of his teammate back in the army because another teammate is found dead & the other 6 cannot be contacted. You dont mess with the Special Investigator, the slogan they have & by that they mean it.
The book was written in short, get-to-the-point kind of sentences. Simple. The mystery is unpredictable. Reader will get to a point where there is questions like, "what actually happening here?" & get the answer right away.
One bad point of this book is the way Reacher calculated all the math which make me annoyed since i can't get it by reading it once. I just skipped it all & just say, I got the point. haha.
Overall, the book was awesome! i got to start with the 1st book of the series soon.
oh, by the way, Hollywood is making the series(the #9 book) into a movie with Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. Talking about missed cast, duh!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Luck and Trouble.

07/07/2012 page 126