Sandee (The Whimsical Reader)'s Reviews > Easy

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, oh-my-romance, i-f-cking-love-that-cover
Read from July 26 to August 01, 2012

MY REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK:

It is obvious that I liked this book. But why did I give it four stars? Well I'll explain later.

THE GIST

Jacqueline and Kennedy has been going out since high school and because of her love for him, she followed him to the college of his choice (despite her wanting to go to where she prefers). What she wasn't expecting was Kennedy dumping her two month into their sophomore year (for a very stupid reason if you ask me).

Of course, Jacqueline was devastated (Who wouldn't be??!). She was distraught and she didn't know how to begin because her life literally revolved around Kennedy and her friends (oh, Kennedy's friends! My mistake).

The book started when Jacqueline was assulted by Buck, Kennedy's frat brother but was saved by mysterious Lucas who Jacqueline never noticed until that day. It turns out Lucas was from her Economics class and she just noticed him sketching and staring at her from behind the class.

Lucas was attractive and she couldn't deny that. Her friends told her that she needed a rebound and they though Lucas was the perfect one.

But will she be ready for that immediately after her break up with Kennedy, the guy who she has been for three years? Can she throw all of that way? Will she be able to trust Lucas who was keeping secrets of his own?

FIRST IMPRESSION

The cover says it all really (it shows us how H.O.T Lucas was! JK). But really, the title, the cover and the synopsis was enough for us to pick up the book. The title was one word but it was very catchy. You'll ask yourself why was the title called "Easy"? Was it because they think the girl was easy or was the guy easy? I needed to know! And guess what I found the answer by the end of the book! Crazy huh?!

CHARACTERS

Jacqueline not Jackie

She was smart and a very loyal girlfriend. She was also a good musician. I felt her pain and I knew immediately that she deserved someone better (way better than that assh*le Kennedy. What happened to her was nothing I could relate to but I understood her choice to stay quiet about the whole thing. She was scared which was understandable. She wasn't perfect even though she seems to be because she was smart and everything. Also, usually I am not a fan of girls like her. She built her world around Kennedy and I thought that was why it pained her so much but I'll make an exception for her. I love Jacqueline.

Lucas or Landon

What is not to love about this guy? He was mysterious and sexy which made me want more of him. But there was a lot more to this guy than meets the eye. Lucas does have a secret and its pretty severe. I hated that he had to deal with something like that but all the more that it made me want him more. I like that he's an artist. I am always attracted to an artsy guy. I never would have thought that someone with a bad boy image could be so artsy. I like the irony in that.

Kennedy

I knew you were an ass from the start. I guess that's about what I have to say about this guy. You immature piece of sh*t! Sorry for the cursing guys!! I just can't help it.

Erin

The bestest girlfriend ever! I love this girl. I knew in my heart that this girl would stick by Jacqueline. When she knew about what happened she went as far as breaking up with her boyfriend because he wouldn't believe his frat brother was capable of doing something like raping someone. I love love Erin!

Buck

Another piece of worthless FKAFH:EIRABFI! The world will be a much better place without people like this guy!

ROMANCE

LUCAS + JACQUELINE = STEAMY MATURE RELATIONSHIP

Lucas and Jacqueline were both mature and because of that I think they'll be perfect together. They didn't rush things and that was good but there were tons of steamy scenes which will leave you envious! Hahaha. Well yeah! Lucas is quite the lover. :)

QUOTABLE QUOTES

"Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated - heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart. "

“You're full of contradictions, Ms. Wallace."
I looked up at him and arched a brow. "I'm a girl. That's part of the job description, Mr. Maxfield.”

“Bonus: I now knew what Erin meant by lickable abs.”

“As for being somewhere you're not supposed to be--Maybe you're here for a reason, or there is no reason.”

“The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.”

HIGHLIGHTS

- The topic of the story was sensitive but it was made in a way that anyone will be able to make it as if its not overly dramatic.

- The relationship between Lucas/Landon and Jacqueline was natural. It is not every day that we see a book where opposites attract in a non-paranormal way.

- The "bad guy" pissed the hell out of me which is a good thing because it meant that he was effective.

- The conclusion of the book was just what I expected it to be.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Like what I said with my review on But I love him, I am a fan of books that deals with serious stuff. In But I love him, it dealt with abuse in relationship. I didn't like it because I had fun reading something like that but because it made me feel hot terrible it must have been to be hurt by someone you love.

Easy deals with another sensitive topic, rape. This book didn't give me the sick feeling in my stomach like what Speak did. Speak was another book about rape wherein no one understood the main character when she decided to call the police that night when she was raped. Jacqueline was lucky enough not to have dealt with something like that because the author didn't want us to deal with that type of drama but only want us to be aware that it could happen to you, to a friend or to someone you might not know.

The good thing about this book was not about just the romance part. I mean the romance part of it was good. I loved Jacqueline and Lucas' relationship because it was built on something other than pure lust or physical attraction.

This book was not hard to love. It will affect you in more ways that one. You will connect to both the characters and the story.

I initially rated this book a three because of its predictability. Three for me was not bad. It was good actually. It means that I liked it. But thinking back as I write this review i felt that it was unfair if I rated it a three just because it was predictable because everything else about it was good. So I changed it to Four stars. I couldn't rate it a Five though but four stars means this book was very good and that i will be recommending it to everyone.

You might be wondering why the title of this book was "Easy". I believe I written it down on my first impressions that I was wondering the same thing. Lucas answered my question on the last paragraphs of the book. I think this was a good way to end the book and also explain what the title "Easy" meant (At least for me).

“Choosing to be with you isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline." he breathed, pulling back one final time to stare into my eyes. "It's easy. Incredibly easy.”

A seriously happy reader! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

07/27/2012
20.0% "Introducing hot Lucas and his tatoos!
*bow*" 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mika Koga love this book!!!! i want my own lucas!!

♥Ritu♥ I loved the theme ... And ofcourse Lucas :D

Sandee (The Whimsical Reader) Yeah Lucas is just awesome!

Nuz - Say It With Books  ツ I loved this book!

Joymzz How is it, i want to read it but am not sure. is it "paranormal romance" or just "normal" romance? lol.

Sandee (The Whimsical Reader) Its just normal romance Joymzz! :D
And i want to read it fast but work is getting in the way. So far its pretty awesome. Lucas is totally drool-worthy! :p

Gisbelle That's right... Lucas is frigging hot!!

Nancy Garcia Can't wait to read this book!!! Just have to finish shatter me lol

Sandee (The Whimsical Reader) Gisbelle wrote: "That's right... Lucas is frigging hot!!"

Ohh yes! :p Totally!

Sandee (The Whimsical Reader) Nancy wrote: "Can't wait to read this book!!! Just have to finish shatter me lol"

I have to finish this one soon! Work is taking so much of my time. Its great! A definite must read. You'll love it too.

Hermione Love your review! ♥

Sandee (The Whimsical Reader) Thanks Hermione! :)

Joanna love love love this book!

Gotta love Lucas!

Nice review by the way.

Franz Megan What a lovely review :)

Pehel I still don't get it, how can u write such long reviews :P

Sandee (The Whimsical Reader) Pehel wrote: "I still don't get it, how can u write such long reviews :P"

I have no idea. Haha. :p maybe because I'm a frustrated writer so I just turn my frustration into writing reviews instead. Hahaha.