Sam's Reviews > The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

Jun 30, 12

Read in June, 2012

I adore this book so much. The review on the inside cover just didn't so it justice. It was beautiful and funny and heartbreaking and generally a rollercoaster of amazing.

Within the first few chapters I thought I knew exactly how the book was going to end and exactly what was going to happen along the way. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised to realized just how wrong and off the mark I was.

The characters were all extremely real and relatable and I think it's a fascinating way to look at it that the dead must go through the stages of grief too. Brie's sorrow in losing her life, in realizing her mistakes, in growing and watching people she loved move on with their lives without her was all very real and struck me just as deeply as Patrick's likable wit and charm. I found him to be a character that I couldn't get enough of because he was just that irritatingly funny.

This book is just heartbreaking and beautiful and the reader can't help but grow and learn just as Brie does. Witty, charming, beautiful (I really can't say that one enough) and impossible to put down it's something I'd recommend to anyone looking for a great book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Catastrophic History of You and Me.