John's Reviews > Losing My Virginity: How I've Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way

Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: autobiographies
Read from May 01 to June 01, 2006 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I read this book towards the end of my time at college back in 2006. Somebody that I knew recommended it to me so it became the first auto-biography that I had read.

I remember that it was a highly engrossing read because Branson does give a good insight into his up-bringing and how his parents brought him up by setting him challenges thus creating a sense of adventure that would lead to be a hallmark in his future life as a business man.

His account of the struggles that took place between Virgin Airlines/British Airways/Laker Airways makes good reading because it was very intense both in a business and personal sense as B.A. would eventually go on to lose their monopoly over the airline trade.

Branson's account of when he got surprised by Phil Collins in a taxi is memorable and certainly a particular chapter I'd go back and read again. There are several chapters that I'd back over and I'd say that it is one of those books that you may want to re-read because you wonder "Did he really just do that?".
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing My Virginity.