Sheila's Reviews > The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making

The Homemade Pantry by Alana Chernila

Mar 19, 15

bookshelves: cookbook-homemaking
Read in June, 2012

I took this book out of the library a couple of days ago and already I have wheat bread rising in the fridge, hamburger rolls waiting for the oven to finish preheating and lemons to be made into lemonade. I read a lot of cook books and I've never been as excited for one as I am for this book. My only problem is that I don't know what to make next...and that it is due back to the library in 3 weeks. (And since I was #40 on the wait list I don't think I'll be able to take it out again for awhile.)

ETA:
We really enjoyed the hamburger rolls and wheat bread. The cornbread didn’t taste all that different from my old recipe but I’ll probably make it again since it was the same amount of work and my husband liked that it included maple syrup. I won't be making the lemonade again though. My husband, who is the only one who drinks it, said he'd rather have crystal light. I think I'll be making the cheese crackers next.

ETA2: That Instant Oatmeal recipe is another favorite.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Homemade Pantry.