Aja's Reviews > The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver

The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart

F 50x66
Oct 21, 2008

One book that I recently read is The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart. This book is a realistic fiction novel that’s theme teaches you to be careful who you consider and call your friends; people are not always what and who they say they are.

My favorite character in the story is the main character Ruby Oliver. Ruby has had a life from hell these last ten days and it’s taking a major affect on her life. She lost all possible friends and suffers from “insanity” [she diagnosed herself:] she becomes a leper and is assigned to a therapist but can she help? I am unsure.

This book is really good and interesting. It’s amazing how much she has to go through in just ten days. I honestly feel bad for her but se is able to portray it as a joke in order not to have an emotional break-down.

I would recommend this book to any teenager that feels they are going through things that they can not handle, or like life is taking over and they are unsure of what to do. The Boyfriend List shows that you can always make it through the darkness with a little bit of hope and faith. If you have ever read any book from the Bluford series than you will honestly love this book because they are all based around the same thing it’s just the Bluford series is the urban outlook on things while The Boyfriend List is the suburban out look on these issues.

Overall this book is one of the best books I have ever read while reading I couldn’t put the book down. I was getting in trouble for reading in class that had nothing to do with reading at all like math. I am now on the search for the sequel to this novel called The Boy Book. I have heard that it is just as good as the first.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boyfriend List.