Evanston Public Library's Reviews > Stupid and Contagious

Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane

1975296
Jun 30, 12

bookshelves: fiction

Caprice Crane’s debut novel,Stupid and Contagious, initially piqued my curiosity because: 1) Ms. Crane is the daughter of Tina Louise (remember “Ginger” from Gilligan’s Island?); 2) the cover title refers to Nirvana’s most awesome song “Smells Like Teen Spirit”; and, 3) the cover design (to your left) showing the kids sitting on the retro-green couch with orange shag carpet at foot is pretty cool. So I started reading Stupid and contagious and—despite some early reservations—continued on through the very end. I really liked this book! The story involves a lovable loser, “typical guy” Brady Gilbert who’s struggling to make money at his floundering record company, Sleestak Records; his psycho neighbor, Heaven Albright, is struggling as a waitress after losing her high-paying PR job in Manhattan. Stupid and Contagious is totally a fluff-romance novel: perfect popcorn for the brain if you’re going on vacation or doing the beach. But best of all, Stupid and Contagious is not just a very funny book, author Caprice Crane proves herself to be refreshingly clever, too. (Russ K., Ref.)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stupid and Contagious.