Nichole's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Feb 24, 09

bookshelves: a-little-girly, young-adult

I am going to cheat a little with my review of New Moon and Eclipse. I read them back to back (literally; I finished the New Moon and then picked up Eclipse and began it as though it was the next chapter). As a result, I have a difficult time differentiating between the two.

Briefly, I enjoyed them both. As was more developed than in Twilight, the conflict with which Bella is faced between loving Edward and not knowing if she loves Jacob was real interesting to me. Additionally, the dynamic of the pack (how they communicate, live, etc) was fascinating as well. I enjoyed how some characters stayed true to form (Rosalie will not like Bella even if she was on her, proverbial, death bed), but also how others evolved and changed. No matter their circumstance (vampire, warewolf, or human), I enjoyed each character and group differently: liking some, disliking others.

I think these books were very well written. I am not sure what research was done, but it seems as though there could be much truth to them. By the end of Eclipse, I was ready for the forth book. However, I was glad that it was not available; the break gave me a little time to digest what I had read and stew over the character which I had, so quickly, grown to love (or not).

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.