Vanessa's Reviews > Wicked Nights

Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter

Jul 01, 12

Read on June 30, 2012

This is the first installment of the Angels of the Dark series. This is an off shoot of the Lords of the Underworld novels.

We've seen Zacharel in three previous LotU books. He is always cold,(quite literally, he drops snow from his wings), calculating, and a man of few words. We know practically nothing about him coming into the series.

Commanded by his Deity to head an army of angels, all about to fall, they are given dangerous demon destroying missions. On one such mission, they find an unusual amount of demons waiting their turn to enter a hospital for the criminally insane. Upon entering Zacharel find a young woman tied to a gurney and trying to fight off demons that she, a human is not supposed to be able to see. After much debate, he releases her and takes her with them to find out why she is targeted.

Annabelle has been convicted, falsely, of the murder of her parents and has been held at the hospital for the last four years. She has been drugged, attacked, and abused. She sees and fights off demons on a regular basis.

Zacharel and Annabelle are both damaged goods. Neither has had much interaction with others. He expects adherence to all of his orders and she will have none of that.

This is a sweet story of learning to welcome someone else into their limited lives. Of course while battling demons and trying to solve the mystery of who is sending the demons after her. I rate this 4 1/2 *'s
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Nights.

message 1: by Dicey (new) - added it

Dicey Grenor Thanks for the rec! I'll definitely check it out.

Vanessa You know, add it to the I'll read after book 3 pile!! Only Kidding!! ;-}