Anne Nikoline's Reviews > Tender Is the Night

Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: modern-classic, american-literature, 20th-century, love-or-romance, own, read-2012, science-or-psychology, adult-ilterature
Recommended to Anne Nikoline by: book club
Recommended for: modern classics fanatics
Read from June 30 to July 02, 2012

Dear F. Scott Fitzgerald, what in the name of great literature are you doing to me? You Tender Is the Night is nothing like our The Great Gatsby, and yet it held some of the same themes. While I read this novel, I kept wandering between 'like' and 'really like' so I have decided to stay with like seeing there were also parts I did not like very much.

I very much like how this novel deals with loss, loneliness, and isolation as well as desolation, and at least also how every individual handle these aspects of life. I like how the characters seemed flat all the way through the story and because of the way Fitzgerald tells his story, and yet you can really feel the pains of the characters' tragedies. If that does not make an enjoyable read I do not know what does. THe only thing that annoyed me a little was the thought of how the reader can read the chapters in random order and probably not feel like you have missed much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tender Is the Night.

06/30/2012 page 7