Marleen's Reviews > Sunrise Point

Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr

Jul 18, 14

bookshelves: robyn-carr
Read from June 29 to 30, 2012

At last Robyn Carr has written a worthy successor to her first Virgin River book that was actually the only out of that entire series that I truly enjoyed. In my view the story of Jack and Mel has always been the best that this author delivered. The other Virgin River books following that one never really compared - content-wise, or in quality of story or depth of characters.
I know that Robyn Carr is talented because I fell in love with her superb Grace Valley trilogy. I always felt the Virgin River series were more shallow compared to the Grace Valley books. But I never gave up hope and it feels my persistence has been rewarded. With Sunrise Point, the author delivers characters that I connected with – finally! I truly enjoyed this read for its warmth, sensitivity and wit that I felt through all of the 378 pages. I loved the homey feel of the house on the orchard with dear ol’ sweet Maxie, grand-mother to Tom, the former marine turned apple farmer. Comes in Nora Crane, hard-working, down-to earth, unwed mother of two precious little girls, determined to better her life and willing to work on the farm.
I was totally charmed by this read. The dialogues were well thought out. The characters appealing and well written, and I enjoyed the dynamics between the different generations. And there was humor that actually made me smile.
In its genre – this is a keeper.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunrise Point.