Liisa's Reviews > Outcast

Outcast by Michelle Paver

I have found with series, the further you delve, the sooner you'll find a book that disappoints. Not so with the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. "Outcast" is the fourth in the series and as captivating, well-written and engaging as the three previous books.

Michelle Paver's series was written for children but appeals to people of all ages. (I have been hooked since the first word in "Wolf Brother"!)

Whilst completely engaged in the story, heart-pounding as the circumstances Torak, Renn and Wolf often find themselves, appears hopeless, I can't help but think how a child's mind would process it. My guess? That it awakens their imagination and introduces them to those magical worlds you often only find in books.

When I was a child, books like this is what sparked my love for reading and I can see this giving the same gift to a whole new generation.

A thoroughly enjoyable series. Captivating and maturing with each book ~ I can't wait to see how it all ends.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outcast.

11/07/2008 page 98

bookadder thanx alot Liisa i appreaciate it alot and what you said is soooo right.

Liisa beatrice wrote: "thanx alot Liisa i appreaciate it alot and what you said is soooo right.

"