✿Alyssa✿'s Reviews > Reflected in You

Apr 10, 14

bookshelves: favorites, crossfire-series, 5-star
Read from October 05 to 11, 2012

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: Gideon Cross. …As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... My every desire... Mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

This was my impersonation of Gideon and Eva …And of course David Gandy was a perfect fit. ♥

[image error]

Bared to You is one of my absolute favorite books, and after finishing it I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Reflected In You. I need to be honest and admit first though, that initially I was a little worried that this book was going to be a complete disappointment. I was just seeing too many “Fifty Shades of Grey” similarities for my taste due to all of the countless sex scenes and a hero who seemed to be a carbon copy of Christian Grey at times. Suffice it to say though, that despite my initial reluctance with the first few chapters, Sylvia Day ended up telling a story that was breathtakingly unexpected.

At first, I felt that Eva and Gideon’s relationship was devalued a bit by putting such a huge emphasis on sex. It was as if it was the only thing that connected these two physically and emotionally- Everything just seemed to revolve around the physical aspect of their relationship… Every issue and argument that they had was solved with sex; It almost felt as if it was the primary thing they shared and I was a little hesitant that the rest of the story would lack in depth due to this issue. But my concerns were eventually thrown out the window the further I read into the story, because Sylvia Day was able to show her readers that this book was more than just sex. That was just an aspect to the story that allowed and helped us to understand that it was the best and only way that two dysfunctional souls like Gideon and Eva knew how to navigate through a romantic relationship.

Eva and Gideon were both truly broken. They’ve both suffered through traumatic pasts that affected their lives on a daily basis- The book being narrated by Eva is one of my favorite aspects of this series- Her character is so raw and real and she reacts how any woman would in the real world. As a reader, we get a front row seat into every thought and emotion that runs rampant through her mind.

Gideon on the other hand, proved himself to be a man of mystery in this story- He doesn’t share the secrets of his past with Eva and he pulls himself away from her which not only causes her own insecurities to arise, but drives a wedge in their relationship. I found myself consistently coming up with reasons to justify his actions that I felt were shady and inappropriate, but I had to trust that he was doing what he thought was the best thing for them both.

“I’m caught up with you, Eva.”With his head tilted back, Gideon pulled me down for the sweetest of kisses, his firm lips moving gently beneath mine. “I’d kill for you,” he whispered, “Give up everything I own for you… But I won’t give you up.”

It’s a well-known fact that Eva and Gideon’s relationship is dysfunctional and full of drama, but it’s obvious their love for each other is undeniable. So many emotional highs and lows were involved in this story that will have you investing every spare moment into reading. In Reflected in You we finally understand the reasoning behind Gideon’s cold detachment from Eva and some light was finally shed on the secrets from his past. Pieces were eventually put together that revealed a shocking conclusion that had me begging for more. We see that together, Eva and Gideon are finally making true progress in their relationship- Their growth fills you with so much hope for only better times to come…

FYI: This book definitely can’t be read as a stand-alone, so do yourselves a favor and read Bared to You first before diving into this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reflected in You.

10/05/2012 "The time has FINALLY come! I've been waiting for this FOREVER! ...Gideon! Gideon! Gideon! ♥" 6 comments
10/07/2012
31.0% "I can't believe I'm this far into the book, and the only thing that's happened is sex, sex, and more sex. I'm not impressed." 18 comments
10/08/2012
51.0% "Eva... What you just did at the rock concert... Why would you... What were you... I can't even... You're an idiot.

" 8 comments
10/11/2012
100.0% "Review to come tomorrow :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Diana VERY interested in hearing your thoughts.....

✿Alyssa✿ So far Reflected In You has been a disappointment Diana- We'll see how the rest of the story goes though... I'm still not too far into it yet.

Amber Dupont Its only the last couple of chapters that you dont hate him for being a douche!! I loved the first book way better.

✿Alyssa✿ LOL :) ...I'm about 51% into it now Amber, and I'm really loving it! I think all of the sex in the initial first few chapters turned me off a bit- I was a little worried that it would consume the book!

Mirna Rodriguez Yay! Glad u r enjoying it. It only gets better.

Sara I think i liked this better than the first. both awesome of course

✿Alyssa✿ Mirna and Sara- I finished the book tonight and plan to post my review tomorrow... And I'm happy to say that I ended up loving it :)

Sara i figured you would :))

Mirna Rodriguez YAY

Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Lovely review Alyssa and totally gorgeous DG pic!

✿Alyssa✿ Thank you so much Becs! :)

message 12: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Nice review Alyssa! ☺

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ Great review Alyssa...glad u ended up loving it!

message 14: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay Great review Alyssa. I'm glad it got better for you. :)

I can't wait to read this and find out what happens.

✿Alyssa✿ Thanks so much ladies! :)

Wendy Great review Alyssa! And you know I don't even have to say that that pic of David is gorgeous! *sigh* LOL, I just said it didn't I? *snickers*

✿Alyssa✿ Thanks so much Wendy! I know you love you some David Gandy- He's your favorite! LOL :) *sigh* ...He's so perfect!

message 18: by Sassy P (new) - added it

Sassy P Alyssa, I kinda skimmed your review since I haven't read this series yet. I'm waiting till December when the final book is released to start...I can't wait!

message 19: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay You're smart Samantha. I read Bared to You back in April and loved it. But I hated the wait for book 2. And I know the wait for book 3 will be awful too.

✿Alyssa✿ Samantha wrote: "Alyssa, I kinda skimmed your review since I haven't read this series yet. I'm waiting till December when the final book is released to start...I can't wait!"

Good idea Samantha! If I were you, I would do a re-read of Bared to You and then jump into Reflected in You and then Entwined in You all back to back... I was a little mad at myself for not doing a re-read of Bared to You before starting this one- I should have just waited and read them all when the third book came out :)

Taryn at My Secret Romance I told you! Photoshop your face in with Gandys! You two are meant to be!

Taryn at My Secret Romance Great review, btw!

✿Alyssa✿ *sigh* I won't disagree with that Taryn- We're definitely meant to be, hehe! (I wish...) ...And thank you so much! :)