Stephenie's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jul 23, 12

Read in July, 2012

I admit that the only reason I read this book was because I was curious as to why everyone had the cover as their photo on Twitter. When I read that it involved aliens I wasn't really convinced that I was going to enjoy it but nether the less I went ahead and damn I wish that I had picked this book up earlier! Obsidian is the first book in the Lux series and it has everything that a reader wants in an amazing book, great characters, action, mystery and pent up sexual angst.

The characters owned this book. They are the reason why this was such an addictive read. Mind you the plot was just as good. It's a clever take on the aliens/sci-fi genre. The aliens are not something that you would see in a Ridley Scott special. These aliens are made of light and have travelled from the planet Lux.
Jennifer L Armentrout made a smart move making Katy a fellow book blogger. She would have made instant fans with that move! Katy is instantly like able with her blogging skills, snarky attitude and a passionate and loyal friend. Most people would find her easy to relate too and not because she is a blogger!
Daemon...well what can I say about him. Lets just say I have found my new book crush. He is a jerk (why do girls find jerks attractive?) but he is sexy, and when I say sexy I'm referring to that famous 'laptop scene'. Daemon is also protective of his sister Dee (who is also Katy's new bff).
Now when you put the two together the chemistry is unbelievable. Its not an insta-love romance well it was a 'wow instant hotness' which was quickly replaced with instant hate especially since Daemon loved to tick Katy off. And poor Katy, Daemon was so hot and cold she didn't know what mood he would be in.

This was the fist book that I have read by Armentrout and it will definitely not be my last. I recommend it to anyone as I can not rave about this book enough or Daemon for that matter.

Daemon and Katy are definitely my new fave YA couple!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.