Andree's Reviews > The Sugar Queen

F_50x66
Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read on June 29, 2012

This is a perfectly fluffy novel. I really, really enjoyed it. It has its flaws, definitely. And it is rather predictable. Plus, there are are a couple things that don't really come together in the end, or rather, it's not that they don't come together, but you kind of wonder what the purpose of them was in the first place, because theyd on't seem to serve one, other than the fact that they're just fun details. But it's also just lovely. It was exactly what I needed today. More then once I found myself grinning (or giggling) like a fool and thinking, "I enjoy this." Which is really all that you can ask for in a book.

There's really no other word for it but charming, even if that was the adjective I used to describe the last book I've read. Sometimes it's true. This book gave me the happy feeling of a good story. I want to read more of the author's books. I was charmed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sugar Queen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie I've only read one by her (The Girl Who Chased the Moon), but YES. It made me feel the same way. I've been thinking lately that I really need to read more of her books.

Andree Yeah. I've only read this one, but I remember when I was at the bookstore buying it, that it was hard to decide between a few of her books. So it might be time to indulge in another.

If you're thinking of trying another one by her, this one is kinda fun. Like I said, not perfect, but really enjoyable.