Kristin (MyBookishWays Reviews)'s Reviews > Stalking the Others

Stalking the Others by Jess Haines

Jun 30, 2012

Read in June, 2012

You may also read my review here:

The Sunstrikers must be taken down before the next full moon, and Shiarra Waynest is determined to do just that. Still unsure if she herself will go furry, she’s on a desperate hunt for the werewolves (and the ex-boyfriend, Chaz), that have quite possibly ruined her life, and those they turned without consent. Unfortunately, Shia has to ask for help from the most unlikely of allies, the White Hats, and hope she’s not making a terrible decision.

In Stalking the Others, the 4th installment of Jess Haines’ H&W Investigations series, Shia is almost completely without a tether. Her boyfriend has betrayed her, she’s not sure if she’ll turn into a werewolf, she’s still fighting off advances from hottie vampire Royce, and she has to go to her arch nemesis, Jack of the White Hats, for help. It’s humbling for Shia, but she’s determined to help in any way she can to stop the rogue werewolves that have been turning people without their consent. Heartbroken at her family’s abandonment since finding out about her involvement with the Others, she’s also found herself becoming more bloodthirsty and aggressive lately. Are these symptoms of her impending change, the stress of all that’s happened, or something else? The spirit infused belt she’s been wearing certainly provides the super strength that’s aided her in plenty of recent scrapes, but she’s finding herself more and more at its whim. There’s quite a lot of action in this one, pretty much from the get go, and Shia has become one badass babe. A confrontation with Chaz is inevitable, and it may not be what you think. Trust me, I hated this guy in the last book and wanted to see him get a butt kicking that he wouldn’t soon forget. Our girl has grown emotionally quite a bit, and her ideas of what’s right have certainly been challenged. Ms. Haines has brought the fun (and the sexy) in this dark and action packed treat, and the series hasn’t disappointed me yet! Can’t wait for the next book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalking the Others.