Jacob Igielski's Reviews > Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life

Middle School by James Patterson

Jun 29, 12

Read on June 29, 2012

This book relates to almost any teenager entering middle school for the first time. It is about a boy named Rafe's first year of middle school. During his first day he decides to make up a game, with the help of his friend Leo, called Operation R.A.F.E where he is suppose to break every rule in the middle schools handbook, and he starts this by pulling the fire alarm. Throughout the book Rafe continues to break each of the rules while obtaining points. The point of the game is to get 1,000,000 points. Rafe experiences getting in trouble, BIG TROUBLE at time and eventually has to face BIG PROBLEMS at home with his mom and his mom's boyfriend. Rafe has to face teachers that don't like him, a bully that is always out to get him, and face a bad situation at home.

I relate to Rafe the most because he does not like school because he does not have many friends and gets bullied alot. Rafe is a good kid who is just trying to be seen and make new friends.

The person I like least in the book is Miller, Rafe's biggest bully. He is really mean to Rafe, especially when he finds out about Rafe's game. Rafe and Miller eventually get into a fight because Miller does something horrible to Rafe and then says something about Rafe's mom. But you will have to read the book to find out who wins.

I really liked the book. It is funny and easy to relate too. It is also pretty easy to read. I would recommend this book to any kid or teenager who are going into middle school or already in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Middle School.