Christine's Reviews > Rogue's Pawn

3219357
Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: adult, galley
Read in June, 2012

First off, I don't consider this book to be a romance. It might later turn into one, but just taking the first book by itself, no. No, no, no.

The events that happen in this book were horrific at times. It's almost like a terrible wreck, where you're fascinated with that's happening but turned off from it all. I'm calling it the 50 Shades of Grey effect. You can't stop yourself from reading because you hope it gets better for the lead female, but it never really does. She's stuck in an abusive situation and all you want is for her to escape.

This is a good example of why I don't like fae books. They're cruel and two-faced, and their inhumanity at times makes me very uneasy. I would never want to meet one. Ever.

So, in case you couldn't tell, this book was not for me. Definitely not my cup of tea. But if you like fae books with some torture and dehumanizing of the lead female character thrown in, then go for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rogue's Pawn.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffe (new)

Jeffe Kennedy It's about them again. ;-) (Not to be helicopter-author or anything...)

Christine No, it's cool. I'm glad you answered. Can you say who it's going to be, then?

message 3: by Jeffe (new)

Jeffe Kennedy It's a continuation of Rogue & Gwynn's relationship. She's figuring out what the first-born child thing is about. They have a lot of issues to sort out, you know.

Christine Oh, wait. I read that wrong. It IS about them. Yayayayay. Yes, they do have a lot of issues to sort out.

message 5: by Jeffe (new)

Jeffe Kennedy LOL - yes, they *really* do. I'm trying to keep it to a trilogy, so hopefully they'll get with it!