Valia Lind's Reviews > League of Strays

League of Strays by L.B. Schulman

Jul 21, 12

Read on June 29, 2012

I'm honestly not exactly sure how I feel about this book. It was hard for me to get into it because the premise of the book was so different, in my opinion, from the actual story. Maybe that was my fault to expect different things but at the same time I felt like the story wasn't as good as I thought it'll be.
Bullying is a hard topic to write about, no doubt about it. Yet, I felt like aspects of the book could've been better written, more strongly portrayed in that bullies don't have to win. I didn't feel connected to the characters as much as I wanted to be. I didn't feel their hurts and emotions as much and maybe that's the part that turned me off from the book. I think if the characters were made more real in my eyes, I would've enjoyed reading about them more.
Saying all that, I have to admit that L.B. has a very interesting writing style and I enjoyed exploring what it had to say. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this book is more of a love and hate relationship to me. I'm interested what else L.B. will have for us in the future and I'd love to see what everyone else thinks about the book. Sometimes its really hard to not love a book that you thought you would, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the matter. Those of you who've read it, I'd love for you to share your thoughts!
Also, this is just my opinion. If there is someone out there who absolutely loved the book, that is okay too. This is why the book community is so amazing. The diversity that is us is what makes these books what they are.
Don't stop reading! :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read League of Strays.