Kimberley Johnson's Reviews > CRAZY

CRAZY by Ann Werner

Jun 29, 12

CRAZY is a new twist on a serial killer. You haven’t read or seen this particular story before. Like American Psycho, the backdrop is not dark or dank as it is in Silence Of The Lambs (which I love). I like to describe it as “colorful macabre.” We are introduced to The Guardian early on and realize that the person stalking Emily is a very disturbed individual who has no real grasp on reality. As the serial killer executes the plan of terror with the intense determination of eventual victory, we are left to wonder just who hates Emily so much?

Tall blonde actresses who resemble Emily are being killed off in a gruesome fashion. The lunatic killer has a fierce, diabolical passion and absolute resolve. Dark humor adds a distinctive layer to the murders. The characters are well defined and it reads like a movie. The pace is swift and the story builds with a measured intensity that keeps the reader wondering how and if Emily can survive this nightmare that forces her to live in a prison of fear, terror and self-blame.

My favorite part of the book—as with any good thriller—is the creepy factor. I love scary stories. Some of the scenarios in CRAZY are pretty extreme, even the ones that aren’t bloody—especially the ones that aren’t bloody, are spooky.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read CRAZY.