Erica's Reviews > Demon

Demon by Kristina Douglas

Jul 21, 12

Read from July 17 to 21, 2012

I admit I liked this much better then the first one I guess because to me the storyline was unique. It had some steamy parts which were nice. What I didn't like about this is the plot of the story and action was glossed over don't get me wrong I like a well thought out sex scene but write that same attention to detail when describing the escape from truth breakers and during the final fight. To me these lacked some. How brutal azaiel was to Rachel didn't bother me. What did was how randomly she seemed to profess her love. Something about her character felt fabricated to me I just didn't find myself really connecting to her. And it's not entirely her acceptance to being treated like crap it's more her lack of personality in some instances. The whole concept of being a demon and not knowing it could have been explored better in my opinion. I wanted more fire from her and for her to be a little more p
Broken then she appeared. The relationships progression always felt rushed to me. Overall I loved the story premises but Rachel especially could have had more depth also the relationship needed more time to blossom. It was a fast read and I do plan to read the next installment!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon.

07/19/2012
54.0% ""I love you.” My voice was rough, broken, as if I’d been screaming" this seems like a rushed conclusion but I do believe in a thin line between love and hate Overall this installment to me is better than the first."