Ariel's Reviews > The Boy in the Suitcase

The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbøl

Jul 02, 12

Read from June 29 to July 02, 2012

I picked this up on a whim from the library because the title sounded interesting. I was curious to know what would a boy be doing in a suitcase. As you can imagine there were not any good intentions behind it. This novel is written in that clipped Scandinavian style that anyone who has read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series would be familiar with. While that book takes place in Sweden, this one is in Denmark.

Nina Borg, nurse, mother, and crisis counselor receives a call from her friend Karin whom she hasn't spoken to in years. Karin mysteriously asks her to retrieve a suitcase from a locker. When Nina does she is shocked to discover a three year old boy inside naked. Not only that but she soon has a thug on her tail who is determined to get back the contents of the suitcase no matter what. Nina is soon on the run with the boy and she is equally determined to return the boy to his family safely.

The story was fast paced and kept me turning the pages. I thought I knew what someone might want with the boy but the final conclusion of the novel is not one I would have foreseen. I enjoy mysteries and suspenseful novels and the international aspect of this novel made it all the more thrilling. Although the novel might have been a little clunky in places the story had enough twists and turns to keep me guessing until the end.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy in the Suitcase.

06/29/2012 page 105