Ami's Reviews > The First Three Months: America's Foremost Baby and Childcare Experts Answer the Most Frequently Asked Questions

The First Three Months by Martha Sears

1909118
Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from June 29 to July 12, 2012

A few interesting techniques to try when trying to comfort my future small baby. Although, as David pointed out, since I'm not even pregnant, a book about the first three months is sort of jumping the gun. Looking into working my way backwards via The Pregnancy Book. Also had a helpful-looking list of bare essentials to have stocked when baby comes, which I'm going to copy down and see if it actually works. I think the most important thing I got from this is a stirring of maternal feelings and a reminder that yes, babies are cuddly and wonderful. I spent the majority of my 20's actively trying to avoid having a baby, and thinking of it as something that was way too challenging and irresponsible for me to do at that point in my life, so I wasn't gonna do it. And now that I'm mostly ready, I have to remind myself that aside from all the reasons I gave myself why babies are so freaking difficult, which are all still valid, they are also snuggly and adorable and trigger some pretty mushy love hormones. I hope. At least, that's how I feel about my cats.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Three Months.