Reid's Reviews > Walking Man: A Modern Missions Experience in Latin America

Walking Man by Narciso Zamora

Oct 20, 08

bookshelves: christian-living, christian-biography, christian-ministry-to-the-poor
Recommended to Reid by: Jonathan Lee
Recommended for: People thinking about church planting or in missions work in Latin American
Read in October, 2008, read count: 1

Narciso Zamora's story is an interesting one of faith and perseverance, as he follows the Lord's guidance to speak about Christ and start small churches. In spite of the many hardships of poverty -- lack of food, income, housing, medical help the Lord works through him and shows His love and concern through him. He is quite a testimony to the faithfulness of God.

I enjoyed the parts about living in and around northern Peru where my daughter spent 2 years as a Peace Corp volunteer. Having traveled a little, in Peru, I found the stories very real.

The last section was interesting: about how to give one's testimony, how to evangelize (John 4 model)and move toward completion and closure (use the A,B,C,D method --- Admit something, Believe something, Consider something, Do something).

Best line: "...He only asks us to give up what is ruining our lives."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walking Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Donna Lee Thanks, Reid, for this review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book!
Donna Schillinger
publisher

message 2: by Paola (new)

Paola I think you've captured really well the essence of the book, how much Narciso's life has changed since finding Christ and how this transformation has inspired him to do wonders.