Reynje's Reviews > Stencil Graffiti Capital: Melbourne

Jun 30, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: australian, non-fiction, read-2012
Read from June 29 to 30, 2012

Let's call this.. research.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stencil Graffiti Capital.

06/29/2012 page 86
54.0% "Banksy on Melbourne: "The walls of Melbourne are very noisy, but not in a shouty New York kind of way, more like the noise of a hundred drunk people talking amongst themselves. It makes everybody, whether they like it or not, feel more free. The city doesn't look like it's run by mean-spirited bureaucrats and the police. It looks like the city belongs to anyone who wants it..."" 3 comments

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 29, 2012 09:37PM) (new)

Research, hmm? ;) I'm not sure what to think of that...

;D

Reynje Leanne wrote: "Research, hmm? ;) I'm not sure what to think of that...

;D

Very much looking forward to your thoughts on this, being a huge fan of graffiti art myself. :)"

;)

Hopefully I'll have some visual aids to accompany my thoughts - I've been doing some exploring/photography in the city, scouring laneways. There really is some amazing work around..

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I look forward to seeing those visuals! Is photography a hobby of yours? I've seen some of your photos before on Twitter and they have a certain aesthetic quality to them that I admire.

I'm a traveler myself, though instead of taking photographs I prefer to sketch or paint, in the most odd circumstances even. I've never been to Australia before, though I plan to remedy that whenever I can. :) The beauty of your homeland is spectacular and I'd love to capture it on paper and canvas. :)

Reynje Thank you! I'm not particularly knowledgable about photography, I just experiment and hope for the best :) Melbourne is a ridiculously photogenic city, so that helps. I bought a lomo camera recently and just put some film in today to be developed, so I'm excited to see the results.. I like to think that what I lack in skill I make up for up with enthusiasm, haha.

I'd love to be able to draw. I used to paint a little, although I haven't done that for a while.

It would be amazing if you got to come to Australia - it's definitely a diverse place, always something new to see.

message 5: by K. (last edited Jun 29, 2012 11:46PM) (new)

K. Do you have a polaroid? I just purchased one and my money's been flying out of my pocket because of film. But nothing looks bad on polaroid! Its ridiculously fun.

Reynje No, but I really want one! I bought a Diana Mini , which isn't too bad as it takes 35mm. however, getting them developed is another matter.. Fingers crossed at least some turn out okay!

message 7: by K. (new)

K. You can buy an instant back, though I think that's just for the Diana F+...but then all your pics will be Diana-esque. And I know all about hoping those photos come out good!

Do it.

Reynje So tempted right now! :)

message 9: by K. (new)

K. It's free shipping and you get 20 photos to start! It's just logical ;)

Reynje No further justification required, haha!

message 11: by Maggie (last edited Jul 01, 2012 01:28AM) (new)

Maggie Ooh, Rey. This is only $11.18 on Amazon. Should I buy it now?? (Shadow! Poet!)

Reynje Maggie wrote: "Ooh, Rey. This is only $11.18 on Amazon. Should I buy it now?? (Shadow! Poet!)"

Hold your horses, Maggie! PM me your address and I'll send it to you :)