Stella ☢FAYZ☢ Chen's Reviews > Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01

Jun 28, 12

bookshelves: all-time-favourite
Recommended to Stella by: Jen
Read in June, 2012

I know my friend Jen will be so proud of me (and herself considering she finally got me to read this). My friend, Jen, is a HUGE manga and anime fan and she's been bugging me to read this series for a long long time.

Since summer began for me last week (June 22nd), I finally gave in to her constant fangirling and decided to try it. (Yeah, look at me advocating for peer pressure right here...NOT WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO.) I'm simply saying that friends are great to have and they know you. Trust them with their suggestions, whether it is with books, movies, school or relationships. :P

On to the series itself (I'll condense my review for the whole series instead of just one per volume):
- Great plot/plot development
- Great characters/character development
- Loads of action
- Nice pacing
- Humorous at times

I just loved it okay. There wasn't any cons for this series as it was practically flawless. If anyone wants to watch the animated version of this. I recommend for you to watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as it is based on the manga (and it is better than Fullmetal Alchemist). The older version wasn't quite as good so, yeah, listen to your friend's (in this case, me) advice and go watch the anime adaptation.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01.