Heidi McLaughlin's Reviews > Sacrifice of Passion

Sacrifice of Passion by Melissa Bourbon Ramirez

Jun 28, 2012

Read from June 28 to 30, 2012

Know what caught me, the tall, dark single dad Texas rancher! As soon as I saw that I wanted to read the newest novel by Misa Ramirez. The only adjective she forgot to add was sexy. Doesn’t matter though because I’m telling you!

SoP is an edge of your seat mystery mixed with a love story. As soon as Delaney West returns to her hometown, animals are found exsanguinished, in better terms, sucked or bleed dry.

When Vic and his friend find an animal at the corner of their property, they are baffled. The killings don’t make sense. But when a curandera (think medicine women or healer) named Esperanza appears on the property muttering nonsense all Vic hears is Delaney West – the women who broke is heart years ago. Esperanza says the killings are those of a chupacabra.

Vic’s world is turned upside down. Three months prior an 11-year old was dropped on his doorstep and he met his son for the first time and now hearing the love of his life was back in town, added with the loss of his farm stock, Vic is having the time of his life – not.
It doesn’t take long for Vic and Delaney’s paths to cross – really only a day. I really enjoyed this aspect. I’m glad Misa didn’t drag out the reunion and loved the tension between the characters. Their banter was perfect, both throwing years of anger at each other with smart remarks.

When Delaney shows up at Vic’s bar, he co-owns with his brother, Vic can’t stand it anymore. He’s been itching for Delaney for years and tells her. Only to be shot down.
As the killings keep up and become more dangerous, Vic becomes more determined to win Delaney back, especially after she shows up in his bed in the middle of the night. He finds out quickly that Delaney has a sleeping walking problem and starts putting two and two together.

Vic starts to think Delaney is the chupacabra and sets out to prove himself wrong. The problem is he’s hell bent on getting her back into his arms and protecting her if she is.
SoP is a sweet, pleasant and very mysterious read. Misa does a great job keeping the suspense until the end. You’ll be guessing and hoping that Delaney isn’t the chupacabra, but can’t help to wonder if she is!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacrifice of Passion.

07/05/2012