Lauren's Reviews > When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden: What the Government Should Be Telling Us to Help Fight the War on Terrorism

When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden by Bill Maher

Oct 24, 08

Read in October, 2008, read count: 1

Although I shouldn't be, I am somewhat astounded that 6 years after this book originally came out it still has the same if not more relevance in our society. Maher addresses the poor attitudes of Americans yet still manages to make you feel proud to be one. I found myself agreeing with most (but not all, of course) of what he has to say. For one, I thoroughly enjoy Maher's sarcasm and honesty and found myself laughing out loud more than once as I read. Overall, great read that I will take with me for a long time.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden.

Quotes Lauren Liked

Bill Maher
“Saying someone is religious is heard in most of America as a compliment, a reassuring affirmation that someone will be moral, ethical, and after a few glasses of wine, a freak in the bedroom.”
Bill Maher, When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden: What the Government Should Be Telling Us to Help Fight the War on Terrorism

Bill Maher
“[F]reedom isn't free. It shouldn't be a bragging point that "Oh, I don't get involved in politics," as if that makes you somehow cleaner. No, that makes you derelict of duty in a republic. Liars and panderers in government would have a much harder time of it if so many people didn't insist on their right to remain ignorant and blindly agreeable.”

10/22/2008 page 55
41.67% "so far, so true..."
show 1 hidden update…