Jencey/'s Reviews > A Year to Remember

A Year to Remember by Shelly Bell

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from June 28 to July 22, 2012

Shelly Bell is visiting to Writer’s Corner on the Chick Lit Plus Blog Tour. She is promoting her debut novel A Year to Remember.

Synopsis:

Sara is the older sibling and today her younger brother Seth is getting married. Sara being the eldest child feels some animosity towards her sibling on his special day. She is asked to give a speech at his reception then caught by surprise and doesn’t know what to say at first. Sara vows to get married by her thirtieth birthday. Let the online dating journey begin. Sara brings along her friend Missy for support in carrying out this quest. Will Sara find someone special? What will she learn about herself?

My Thoughts:

If you like Jennifer Weiner then you will also like Shelly Bell. I had a hard time putting this book down. I am interested in checking out this J-Date website is it real? I thought the story was great. I loved how the author developed the characters as the story went along.

I thought that this book was very easy to read. I loved how the plot wasn’t just about finding your mate but also having a fulfilling life. Another question that could be asked is what you do have to contribute? A great relationship should seek to fulfill you. It should also matter what you have to contribute. Where do your interests lie? I am a cook, writer, and reader. I am interested in joining writing groups or joining a cooking class.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Year to Remember.