Small Review's Reviews > The Pirate's Wish

The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke

Jan 01, 14

bookshelves: fantasy, published-2013, self-indie-pub
Read from April 04 to 23, 2013

Enjoyed this one a lot. Full review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pirate's Wish.

04/04/2013 page 9
04/23/2013 marked as: read
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gina (My Precious Blog) I can't wait for this one, the first one left us in such a bad way.....

Small Review I know! I'm dying to be able to dive into it, but I've had to wait all day.

Gina (My Precious Blog) Small I got approved for this on NG today. I'm doing a little happy dance right now- whoot whoot!!!!!!

Small Review oh AWESOME!!!!! Do you want to do a read-along?

message 5: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Apr 10, 2013 07:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) Love to, big problem though I wasn't going to start until the end of May, my gut tells me you won't be able to wait that long lol!!!! Let me know....

Ps did you see the new release about two more companion novels in this setting?

Small Review I did see the release! I'm so excited! I wonder if they'll feature the same characters.

My father is coming to visit (tomorrow!) and he'll be here about a week, so I probably won't get much reading done during that time. After that though, yeah, I was planning on picking this up again. I'd still enjoy discussing it though, and by end of May I'll probably remember most things :P

Gina (My Precious Blog) Small Review wrote: "I did see the release! I'm so excited! I wonder if they'll feature the same characters.

Cool, I may try and sneak this in earlier if I can. We'll see. Have fun with your dad!!! I knew there would be no way you could wait. Hee heeeee

Gina (My Precious Blog) Was it better, the same or worse than the first book?

Small Review hmm, the same or maybe a touch less good, but that could have been me. I don't like reading on the computer as much and that's how I had to read this one. I loved it in the beginning, but then the second half I lost interest a little. There was less action than I was hoping there would be, too. Still, it was a high rate from me.

Gina (My Precious Blog) Ok, I have a curious question for you, why don't you just break down and by yourself a cheap kindle? Ive seen some for as inexpensive as $70. As much as you read NG books you deserve to have a better experience. If you don't want a kindle, treat yourself to an iPad mini as a wedding gift. My daughter and her hubby did that after their wedding.

Gina (My Precious Blog) Going to start this one now... do you think I'm going to enjoy it as much as the first book? When will you have your review posted, I'm dying to hear what you thought about it. PS: you still need a kindle girlfriend!

Small Review I think if anything I'd buy a Nook over a Kindle (works with my library better) but I'm still not convinced I like the readers enough to spend that kind of money on them. I don't know, I'm still on the fence.

I think I scheduled my review for this one on the 18th of this month. I liked it, but not as much as the first. There's a new character I think you'll like :)

message 13: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Jun 10, 2013 08:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) Just say no to the Nook, the kindle were its at!!!! :-) get a kindle for $69. It's worth it. You will enjoy it more than you realize, it's nothing like reading on a computer screen! You will save a bunch in book costs too.

I can't wait for the 18th. So far I'm really enjoying the book. (view spoiler)

Small Review My library books aren't kindle books, so the Kindle is pretty much out for me. I'd primarily use it for library and review books since I probably wouldn't buy an e-book (I'd rather buy the paper version).

Glad you're enjoying it! (view spoiler)

Gina (My Precious Blog) Small Review wrote: "My library books aren't kindle books, so the Kindle is pretty much out for me. I'd primarily use it for library and review books since I probably wouldn't buy an e-book (I'd rather buy the paper ve..."

(view spoiler)

Gina (My Precious Blog) So, (view spoiler)

Small Review (view spoiler)

Gina (My Precious Blog) (view spoiler)