Émeraude's Reviews > Winter's Shadow

Winter's Shadow by M.J. Hearle

Jun 28, 2012

bookshelves: mon-livre-ma-vie, books-that-will-always-re-read
Read from June 28 to July 08, 2012

You know, lately I’ve been a bit disappointed with YA’s novels because it’s always the same thing; boring girl; handsome, mysterious boy with a dark secret, supernatural being, (vamp, angel, demon, werewolf), be upset and upset with the stupid things made for the girl, like usually… And I’ve thought I have done with YA’s, but how the literary world is a jack-in-the-box, ins’t that M.J. Hearle proved me the book world for this gender has salvation yet!
Winter’s Shadow, is for me a small class which teaches how supposed to written a book basis on story, holding the readers until the end. Since the page 200 I couldn’t get out from my chair, and about the characters, pleased me the fact they keep going on by the author’s narrative. Winter was a good girl, even though her curiosity make me feel hysterical, she always knew what she wants to. And Blake… Wow Blake… what I supposed to say about Blake? I wanna cuddle him. #sigh.
Jas and Sam were very pleasing, and their relationship was a bit productive, I hope read more about them on the next one, especially Sam!
A great M.J Hearle’s writing, he had a little sensibility telling the story since the beginning (I can’t talk about it because it will be spoiler) and suavity on the love story’s construction. This is the narrative of an impossible love story but strong enough and hard enough to be destroyed, which my favorite quote is:

“Why would you ever choose to die?’
‘Because a life with no end loses meaning. Death defines life.
One day, I hope to find a good reason to die.” (isn’t cute?)

I’m expecting great moments on the continuation of this series, excited for the second book and I recommended this book very much.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter's Shadow.

Quotes Émeraude Liked

M.J. Hearle
“At least she hadn’t bothered to put any mascara on this morning; otherwise, she
would certainly have serious panda eyes and look even more frightful.”

M.J. Hearle
“Why would you ever choose to die?’
‘Because a life with no end loses meaning. Death defines life.
One day, I hope to find a good reason to die.”

M.J. Hearle
“Yes, I call my scooter Jessie, and I don't think that's weird in the slightest."
(...) "Doesn't your truck have a name ?" she asked Blake with mock surprise.
"Sure. Toyota...”

06/28/2012 page 40
9.0% "Blake Duchamp, and his emerald eyes, in Winter you're getting into?"
06/28/2012 page 40
9.0% "The synopsis of this book definitely does not say anything ..."
07/04/2012 page 100
24.0% "My God, that book! I am enjoying too!"
07/07/2012 page 150
35.0% "Oh mine!!! the mystery that hides Blake in that basement? And the shadows??"
07/07/2012 page 150
07/08/2012 page 200
47.0% "* screaming *
That kissSS was this????oH MY GOOODDDDDD"
07/08/2012 page 350
83.0% "Oh my god!!truly impressed with this book! I never imagined it would be like, I can not stop reading!"
show 2 hidden updates…