Emma Wood's Reviews > Crux

Crux by Julie Reece

Jun 29, 12

Read from June 28 to 29, 2012

I did not know what to expect when I picked this up but I was very pleasantly surprised. I was not keen on the cover, I know, I know, don't judge a book by its cover, which ironically is a theme of the book, and here that is certainly true. The story hinges around down on her luck Birdie. Passed through multiple foster homes, finally ending up on the streets, she’s had a hard time since her parents died. A chance meeting on the street leaves her and seven other people with pockets stuffed with cash. She finds herself pursued taking refuge in a cafe leading to a chance meeting with the Matthews family and the story really takes off from there. With a super sexy, rock god, kick ass lead male, Birdie goes through some pretty spectacular character development learning to trust again and overcoming her self doubt. My only criticism would be I took a while to warm up to the story but, by the second half I was totally hooked and couldn't wait to find out what happened. With everything from Vikings to time travel Crux has it all. A really satisfying read coming to a neat conclusion, the potential for more books is there but unlike so many other books of this genera it is a really great stand alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crux.