Jacob Proffitt's Reviews > Immortal in Death

Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: audible, mystery, romance, steamy
Read on June 28, 2012

This book is no surprise if you've read the rest of the series. The mystery of this one was stronger with good development and the occasional twist. Eve planning for a wedding made for mild amusement.

The best part of the book is the development of Peabody. She showed up in the previous book, but in a really small part. In this book, Eve takes Peabody on, requesting her as an assistant in her investigations. Peabody is a hoot; a mixture of naiveté, fangirl, hardnose cop and occasional sly wit. She fits well into Eve's style, complimenting her investigations and acting as sounding board and accomplice. More importantly, she's a great source of leavening humor.

I've never been a fan of Mavis. She's kind of an annoying pet that Eve takes care of occasionally. Even so, it was heartbreaking to see her fall under suspicion and have to deal with Eve's world more directly. I still don't like her, but I appreciated her contribution to the story, nonetheless.

A note on Steamy: Typical Robb complement of explicit sex. Again, if you've read the previous books, you know what to expect.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal in Death.