Shirley Brown's Reviews > Summer On Fire

Summer On Fire by Kevin Craig

F 50x66
Jun 28, 2012

Read in June, 2012

I have to say that I loved this book. It may be short but it has such appeal. It's full of wonderful descriptions and charm. The 3 friends involved are so well portrayed that you can imagine them right in front of you. The scene of the barn fire is very convincing - the reader is pulled into the boys' nonsense and fun, when suddenly everything changes. Their happy, carefree friendship changes for good. Even Jeff's misery over his burnt jacket displays how the friendships have changed already.His friends don't realise how mean and vindictive Jeff's father is until that moment.
During the story the reader gets to know the families of the 3 boys - each family so different from the others. One seemingly 'normal' family, one with a crazy mother and Jeff's family. The introduction of Marty, the 'bad' brother of Jeff, adds to the tangled lives of the friends, and added a bit of suspense to the book.
All the characters, even the dead one, are convincing. I enjoyed the book and found it a very good read.

Summer on Fire - Kevin Craig

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer On Fire.