Huma Rashid's Reviews > Thief of Shadows

Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt

Jun 28, 12

Read in June, 2012

Winter is FANTASTIC. But it was a real challenge not to picture him as Bing Crosby. Anyone who has watched "Robin and the 7 Hoods" starring the Rat Pack will know what I'm talking about. The Alan A. Dale character is the dour, respectable, Plain Joe manager of a foundling home. And he is played by Bing Crosby. And Bing Crosby is not an attractive man.

I had to actually concentrate on not picturing Winter as Bing Crosby. I failed most of the time.

But OMG I loved Winter/Isabel. I kind of hate that he's not the Ghost anymore. :/ SADZ. And did I read the end right? SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO ARE WARY OF SPOILERS, DON'T READ ANYTHING BELOW!

Did both Godric AND Griffin have Ghost masks? So at some point Griffin was the Ghost, too? Was that mentioned in his and Hero's story? Did I miss it? Also, why does everyone have weird names? Temperance, Silence, Winter, Godric (not that weird, but still). IDEK. Maybe I'm the weird one. For all I know, those were relatively common names in mid 18th century England. *kanye shrug*
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thief of Shadows.

message 1: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen Too funny! Didn't think of that!! I just couldn't picture him at all!

Huma Rashid I still picture Bing Crosby when I think of this book. :P Somehow I don't think that's what Elizabeth Hoyt had in mind.

message 3: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen LOL! I would bet not! Bing Crosby is definitely not a macho guy!