rameau's Reviews > Cocktails and Dreams

Jun 28, 12

bookshelves: p2p, not-for-me

See comments.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cocktails and Dreams.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by rameau (new) - added it

rameau This used to be a Twilight fanfic called Cocktails and Dreams by FatallyObsessed.

Yesyov who cares? Get off your "high horses" and understand that all writers start out somewhere...why not FF? the anti-P2P advocates who continuously peruse this site and "warn people" about previously written FF are truly not supportive or writers or their creative journeys. Autumn Markus is a talented, mature and sophisticated writer...anyone who picked up this story would enjoy it and the way her words take you and your imagination on an unforgettable journey.

message 3: by Lamia (new)

Lamia lol

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hahaha is filing off the numbers now a creative journey?

message 5: by rameau (new) - added it

rameau Yesyov wrote: "who cares? Get off your "high horses" and understand that all writers start out somewhere...why not FF? the anti-P2P advocates who continuously peruse this site and "warn people" about previously written FF are truly not supportive or writers or their creative journeys. Autumn Markus is a talented, mature and sophisticated writer...anyone who picked up this story would enjoy it and the way her words take you and your imagination on an unforgettable journey. "

See, my problem isn't that they started by writing fanfiction. My problem is that they now expect me to pay for it. I don't mind anyone picking this up and taking that unforgettable journey as long as they get to take it for free and with the original names of the characters, which are--if I'm not terribly mistaken--Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, property of one Stephanie Meyer.

Yesyov You are entitled to your opinions, but mocking someone who wishes to support an author speaks more about you and your motivations than it does about me.
And yes, writing is a creative journey - unless of course, your words are written to belittle or bemoan the efforts of others...then that's just plain, old, sad and uninspiring.

I hope the people who come to this site to comment on the book, do so with the motivation to share their thoughts about the storyline and not just to spread negative thoughts and opinions about the author(s) who had the courage and strength to share their early efforts online where, it seems, that some of you who now criticise her followed her early work.

message 7: by Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) (last edited Jul 02, 2012 03:01PM) (new)

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) Yesyov wrote: "who cares? Get off your "high horses" and understand that all writers start out somewhere...why not FF? the anti-P2P advocates who continuously peruse this site and "warn people" about previously..."

And I suppose you're doing God's work and being an imbecilic troll on a book shelving?

Yeah, stealing from someone else is one hell of a "creative journey." Autumn Markus/FatallyObsessed is a pathetic thief. As are you. Go get some morals and ethics, and leave the decent people of Goodreads alone.

Yesyov Your comment, above, Alicia, clearly displays your motivations and your inaccurate information.

You also need to know that your false allegations are liable.

message 9: by rameau (new) - added it

rameau Yesyov wrote: "Your comment, above, Alicia, clearly displays your motivations and your inaccurate information.

You also need to know that your false allegations are liable."

Darling, you're addressing a lawyer.

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) Yesyov wrote: "You are entitled to your opinions, but mocking someone who wishes to support an author speaks more about you and your motivations than it does about me.
And yes, writing is a creative journey - u..."

Wait a minute. Are you really that stupid? There was nothing stated in the review of this fanfic. She made one comment stating its provenance.

You then come in attacking her for simply SHELVING the fic. And now you're accusing her of mocking? And then you use the tried and true "you're entitled to your opinion." Then why in the hell did you comment? Oh, right, because people are only entitled to their opinion as long as it coincides with yours. Notice how Rameau didn't seek you out and comment on your review.

What's plain, sad, and uninspiring are the idiots who think their fan fiction belongs to them and they deserve compensation for it. Then they have the nerve to charge money.

It doesn't take courage to steal, it takes courage to write your own material from the ground up and then put it out there for others to read. Some dolt who got a few positive comments on FFn and thought they deserved more from it is not courageous. It's pretty much the exact opposite.

All P2P "authors" deserve criticism and derision and it isn't your place to get your panties in a wad and troll those who do. I'm so beyond tired of you people without scruples getting butthurt because the people who do stand up against what's wrong.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that authors can sioux for liable...

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) rameau wrote: "Yesyov wrote: "Your comment, above, Alicia, clearly displays your motivations and your inaccurate information.

You also need to know that your false allegations are liable."

Darling, you're add..."

Hahaha, I was going to give her credit for at least getting close with the word. But I can't. "LIABLE" I CANNOT. Hahahaha.

Oh, dear, it's libel. L-I-B-E-L. And, please, before throwing out that accusation, now that you have the proper spelling, go look up it up.

message 13: by Jeanne (new) - added it

Jeanne Gisellelx wrote: "I think that authors can sioux for liable..."

Lulz FOREVER!

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) Gisellelx wrote: "I think that authors can sioux for liable..."

Hahahaha WIN.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gisellelx wrote: "I think that authors can sioux for liable..."

Gold star.

Yesyov Good! Congratulations on your considerable education. With your legal career, I'm amazed that you have so much time available to spend here, Darling.

The above comments, made by people who wish to undermine what this site was originally intended for, are the primary reasons why I usually avoid Goodreads.

I had hoped that this Author and her excellent book wouldn't have been subjected to such negativity by people who believe they are upholding the moral standards of the writing world.

Thankfully, there will be many people who don't heed the advice written by some of the commentators in this thread. To those of you who wish to enjoy a "good read" then go ahead...you won't be disappointed.

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) It's really cute when someone embarrasses herself and then tries to flip it back on someone else.

This site was for those who love reading and books to come together to discuss the good and the bad. It actually wasn't created so that people could peddle their fan fiction. That is part of the bad and anyone who wishes to discuss it is well within their right. Why is it that you feel you have the right to tell them they are not?

The base problem is that this is not a book. It's a fan fiction. Anyone who wants to enjoy what this sock puppet troll is calling a "good read" please do a Google search and download it for free as it was intended instead of paying unethical people money they don't deserve.

message 18: by Sandra (last edited Jul 02, 2012 03:51PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sandra Oh, this same person commented on my review of the book as well.

I'm tired of people defending thieves. I read the fanfic, which was based on the Twilight characters. I'll be just fine not reading it in its published incarnation. And it is my right to shelve any book any which way I want.

Dear Yesyov, please return to your own review space and sprout the wonders of this fic turned book.

This 'author' didn't even have the decency to change the name of her story. Like so many others.