Barry's Reviews > Come and See: Isaiah

Come and See by Charles G. Kosanke

Jun 28, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in June, 2012, read count: 1

I am not a Catholic; I am a Protestant. I have never read Catholic theology books before. I am not very familiar with Catholic theology, and certainly not the Catechism. So, when I first looked through this book I was surprised to find, that as a Protestant, I was going to be lost with this book as it requires access to Catholic literature, and is designed for Catholic consumption. However, I did my best while reading this book, and just skipped over the Catholic-y parts that didn't pertain to me. What I found is a pretty good book that provides commentary about the Scripture, as well as a whole lot of in-depth discussion questions. Additionally, there is a very well-written discussion at the beginning of the book about how to run a Bible study. While a Protestant group of believers would have to wade through or skip over some of the theology and questions, there is still a great amount of material that could still be covered. This book also provides ample space to write down answers or reflections, so it is a book meant to be used and is designed accordingly.

I suspect that for Catholics this book would be an excellent resource, and its rating gets lowered one star because of its limited appeal and usability.

[This book was given to me through a goodreads.com giveaway. I wasn't required to give a review, but did so gladly.]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come and See.