The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger's Reviews > Serpent's Kiss

Serpent's Kiss by Melissa de la Cruz

Jun 28, 12

Read in June, 2012

Read FULL review at The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger

This book may have taken me a bit longer to read, but it wasn't due to the lack of interest (exams can be blamed for that one). From the very beginning, Melissa de la Cruz sucks you right back into the plot and then teases you so you'll be begging for more. The pace of the story was tasteful and kept you entertained without any moments of boredom while also hitting the climax at just the right time. I stayed up pretty late last night just so I could see how it would end.

What I love about Cruz's writing is her creation of multiple narrators (something she has also done in the Blue Blood series). Serpent's Kiss ultimately has three main characters in which we get to experience each chapter from one of their perspectives (with Freya's twin, Freddie, also getting a few chapters of his own). This change in perspectives allows you to really see how these individuals' problems and joys effect one another. Questions one character has can be answered by another....almost as if you are watching a play in which the audience knows for than the characters on stage. It's a thrill to read :)

Ingrid's perspective was personally my favourite of the three to read. Although I loved reading about Freya's sexy life and Joanna's struggles, Ingrid's personal problems really kept me the most entertained. Her issues with her love interest Matt were funny, joyful, and heartbreaking. There were more than a few times were I just wanted to give Ingrid a big bear hug!With that being said, I'm sure most of you will take pleasure in reading Freya's scolding hot scenes with her boyfriend Killian- maybe we'll be able to see Mrs.Cruz use this writing style for another, particular couple in Blue Bloods...ahem...Jack and Schuyler....wink-wink, nudgy-nudge-nudge?!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serpent's Kiss.