Chris's Reviews > By The River

By The River by Katey Hawthorne

Aug 05, 12

bookshelves: done, paranormal-romance, ebook, 2012, gay
Read on August 05, 2012

3.5 stars. Good m/m paranormal romance about a guy in his mid-twenties who feels drawn to return to his home town, where he becomes enthralled by a mysterious and naive college swimmer. As MandyM noted, while this was beautifully written, the HFN ending felt very tenuous... as if the "for now" might only be a few minutes or days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By The River.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ami (new)

Ami Do you think there will be sequel to follow this one? I am not sure I want to read a HFN now. So I will possible prefer to postpone this, if there's a more promising sequel.

Chris Well, it's listed as being the first book in the Elementals series - but does that mean the next book will be about these two, or about a different couple? No idea... :/

MandyM HFN ending felt very tenuous... as if the "for now" might only be a few minutes or days

That's exactly how I felt. I still feel worried about these two guys when I think of this book.

Chris Yeah. :(

Harper You know, the ending didn't feel very tenuous to me, but since I am nosey, I asked Katey about it anyway. (LOL). She said Leith meant all his forevers to Adam and that there will be a short from Leith's POV in the near future. :)

Chris Harper wrote: "You know, the ending didn't feel very tenuous to me, but since I am nosey, I asked Katey about it anyway. (LOL). She said Leith meant all his forevers to Adam and that there will be a short from Le..."

Well, that's good to know - thanks for the info! But - he could've meant all his forevers, but still been unable to resist his nature. We don't know from where it ended. Hence the tenuousness that I and MandyM and others felt. :)

Harper Chris wrote: "Harper wrote: "You know, the ending didn't feel very tenuous to me, but since I am nosey, I asked Katey about it anyway. (LOL). She said Leith meant all his forevers to Adam and that there will be ..."

Yeah, I can see why people would feel that way. I was just saying I reacted to it differently. (view spoiler) But I'm sure every reader will have their own take on the ending. :)

Chris Harper wrote: "I'm glad she'll be doing a short for them, though, especially since it'll be from Leith's POV. I'll be interested to see how he views things."

Definitely!