Belcantomom's Reviews > The Art of Natural Family Planning

The Art of Natural Family Planning by John F. Kippley

Jun 21, 10

bookshelves: birth, communication-skills, parenting, to-buy
Recommended to Belcantomom by: Rose, Kelly
Read in May, 2007, read count: 1

This book was really great with lots more info than I ever thought possible on Natural Family Planning. It included info on various methods of birth control as well as various sterilization methods. Of course, it was biased, but some of this, I had never heard anyone questioning. things like, are there any repercussions to tubal ligation or vasectomy? It turns out that there are. Some of the religious chapters read more into some scriptures than I thought was there, however there was also lots of truth and if you take what works and leave the rest, this could be an excellent resource for many people.

There are so many cited references in his book. Why don't more women (and men!) learn about this method...or any other method of birth control that actually *listens* to our bodies wisdom. Did the Sexual Revolution of the '60's ruin all of this for us?

ETA: This book is published by the CCL, which has broken off from the Kippley's in the last couple of years. They were concerned the CCL was not putting enough stress on Ecological Breastfeeding, which is actually the heart of NFP and child spacing (in their estimation). They have self-published a new book which seems to be much more concise and updated with better chapters on EBF with great charts. You can buy it from them or download and print it yourself at nfpandmore.org.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Natural Family Planning.