Allyson Gilmore's Reviews > Daemons in the Mist

Daemons in the Mist by Alicia Kat Vancil

Jun 28, 12

Read on June 28, 2012

I really, really wanted to like this book! The new cover is really pretty, and the author's illustrations on her website of some of the scenes are really gorgeous. I ordered the new edition and was sent the old one, so maybe a lot of my editing issues weer fixed in the new edition. In the first edition, there were at least 2 mistakes on most pages, and that just pulls you out of the world. Also, the pacing was horrible. In the first 40 pages, the guy and girl meet, girl is rescued by guy, secures date to dance, runs into girl at mall, then ends up on a plane to Vegas for no stinking reason (and where no one has to call parents!), drunk off their asses in a club where the lead guy thinks some really awkwardly stupid lines, and then, THEN (SPOILER) there is a wedding no one can remember. And that's just the first 5th of the book. All of that being said, I think the author's concept for the story is really brilliant, just poorly executed. With more practice, she could be someone to watch out for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daemons in the Mist.