Naomi's Reviews > The Book Lover

The Book Lover by Maryann McFadden

Jul 02, 12

Read from June 28 to 30, 2012

Ms. McFadden's book is prime example of why I LOVE INDIE AUTHORS! This book was engrossing and I fell in love with the characters immediately! It was so well written that this is an author who can easily get off the porch and play with the big house publishing dogs(authors) and even outrun a chunk of them. One of the stories greatest lines focuses on Lucy's book being turned down by a big house publisher with a note stating that a book needs to capture the reader from page one. Well, Ms. McFadden...you captured me from page one! Your book was delightful, well written and delightful!

Dorothea Benton Frank, in her review of the book states "Mary McFadden take you into the hearts and souls of two ordinary women,..., who find the courage to pursue their dreams, and the men they love. The Book Lover is unforgettable!". She is correct. I read alot of books...most I forget almost immediately, but I fell so in love with the characters in this book that I continue to think about them, with a smile on my face, after finishing the book.

OK, I do have to admit, a Goodread's reviewer had called it predictable and "cheesy" and I agree to a point, but this is a cheese I would gladly eat!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book Lover.