Luke's Reviews > The Temptation

The Temptation by L.J. Smith

Jan 17, 15

bookshelves: ghostwritten
Read from April 27 to May 03, 2013

The Temptation is the sixth book in The Secret Circle series, as well as the third book to be written by Aubrey Clark, who took over the series after L.J. Smith had been fired.

Cassie is alone. The Circle—the closest people to a family she's every known—has been possessed by powerful evil spirits who happen to be Cassie's ancestors. And the only way she can free her friends from these spirits' grips is that she must get aid from an unexpected ally.

This is my favourite in the series. It has a very good ending. I wish it weren't the last one, because I wouldn't mind more. Maybe it will be revisited at another time. Maybe. Maybe when they're older. Until then, I hope Aubrey Clark writes more novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Temptation.

04/27/2013 marked as: currently-reading
04/30/2013 page 71
25.0% "Cassie and Nick are the only ones not possessed. And they are getting help from Max to perform an exorcist."
05/03/2013 page 205
74.0% "It has gotten very interesting."
05/03/2013 marked as: read
show 2 hidden updates…

Luke Yeah, I've both heard and seen them.
With the HarperTeen site on the Secret Circle original ones, they had shops that they have it on sale.

message 2: by Anshita (new) - added it

Anshita Are you sure?
I just can't wait to read it!

Luke So glad I'm not the only one ;)

message 4: by Anshita (new) - added it

Anshita Luke wrote: "So glad I'm not the only one ;)"

Haha :D I'm sure not.

♥  Erika  ♥    Can't wait to read this! Let me know how it is :)

Luke Definitely. So far, it's great. :-)

♥  Erika  ♥    Luke wrote: "Definitely. So far, it's great. :-)"

I wonder how many more there will be in the series. :D

Luke I think it's the last one. But I don't mind if there's more. :-)

♥  Erika  ♥    Luke wrote: "I think it's the last one. But I don't mind if there's more. :-)"

Me too! The series is great.

message 10: by Brigid (new)

Brigid Wait, they wrote more of these books too? I had no idea. I thought it was just TVD.

message 11: by Luke (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luke Yeah! And they are definitely good reads! I guess the idea of writing more was partly because of the television series based on them.

♥  Erika  ♥    Luke wrote: "Yeah! And they are definitely good reads! I guess the idea of writing more was partly because of the television series based on them."

I am so glad they did though. I was so disappointed when the tv series ended... It made me really get back into them!

message 13: by Luke (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luke The TV show was great! And they ended up cancelling it. And with such a cliffhanger. They shouldn't be allowed to do such a thing. Maybe they can continue the series in another way: movies, graphic novels, books.

♥  Erika  ♥    Luke wrote: "The TV show was great! And they ended up cancelling it. And with such a cliffhanger. They shouldn't be allowed to do such a thing. Maybe they can continue the series in another way: movies, graphic..."
Yes I agree, that cliffhanger! So frustrating..

♥  Erika  ♥    Did it finish well? So keen to read this one!

message 16: by Luke (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luke Yes, it did! Very nicely! I loved it, and I'd like to tell what I think, but let's wait until you've read it! :-) You'll love it!

message 17: by Jai (new)

Jai It's disappointing they gave up on this...both on tv and books. It's so much better than the books or shows that are still on..