Emily's Reviews > Cerulean Sins

Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jun 30, 12

did not like it
Read from June 27 to 29, 2012

There's really not much to recommend in this book, at all. Matter of fact, I can't think of a single thing. The main part of this book is Anita having sex with virtually every man in sight. And then angsting about having said sex. And trying to control the ardeur and failing miserably. Oh, and there Mary Sue factor gets even higher, which I didn't think was possible. And the story! What story? Yeah, that bad.

The sex. She has a lot of it. It gets repetitive. I skimmed pages and pages and pages, hoping it would end. It doesn't.

The angst. Oh, SO MUCH ANGST. Mainly from Anita, though Richard gets to play the 'whoa is me' game towards the end of the book, too. Tons of relationship angst. We've moved past a love triangle to like...a love trapezoid or something, at this point.

The Mary Sue. This is...yeah. (view spoiler)

The story: What story? There's a very, very brief story about some murders that is largely ignored and wrapped up in the last 20 or so pages of the book in a way that's wholly unsatisfying and makes you realize it really, truly was just an afterthought to Anita becoming the super speshul marysue of doom and screwing everything in sight.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cerulean Sins.