Machel's Reviews > The Third Angel

3820228
Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from June 27 to July 01, 2012

A sister's story: Alley & Maddey, a ghost, cancer and love. page 91 already. Looking forward to finding the 3rd angel...

I must say when Paul died in the hospital bed at 5:22 a.m. and Alley tried to grab his spirit as it left the room with her clumsy hands, a melancholia came over me and I had wished that their fate had been quite different than the quick hospital wedding ceremony and then shortly after he died. 96 pages now.

**Just finished section with Freida. I think Frieda's part of the story is my favorite thus far.
Finishing book tonight with Lucy's part. This book is engaging, beautiful with an interesting design with the plot moving From current day, then to 60's & 50's.

I Love the whole premise of searching for the third angel here on earth. I embrace such things as that and know them to be true. Alice Hoffman always weaves in mysticism and a surreal feeling into all of her novels. This particular one is brimming with it. Wonderful.

I loved Lucy Green the best. The book surprised me by how I continued to like the next part better; I already loved the first part. A book of threes. I like that. A forlorn feeling is lingering. This what an Alice Hoffman book always does to me.
HOW FABULOUS. m
I retold this story to my husband today and broke down into tears when I made it to the second part.
I am still thinking about the characters today:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Third Angel.